Monday, February 14, 2011

Club Match #4 results

I wish I could have called Ghostbuster's on this night.



Well another Sunday has come and gone and the clear leader of the pack is uncle Yves.
He pulled out another fine win this past week vs a small field.
Those in attendance for match #4 were Mom, Sonya, tante Lise, oncle Yves, and myself.
I designated this match to be our first Knock Out Bounty match.
The cards started to roll early in this session as there was a lot of pre flop raises. Even in the low blind 10-20 we saw this season's earliest exit. The victim was my sister, whom raised preflop with position vs my aunt whom called her raise.
The flop came Ac 3h Js
Sonya throws a pot sized betto that flop only to be raised all-in by tante Lise. There was not much thinking and Sonya was all-in too.
Sonya was holding As Jc
Tante Lise was holding Ah Ad
The dust settled and Sonya was our first ever quickest exit, hand 11 in.
"Great" I was thinking to myself, just a tougher hill to climb.

Actually oncle Yves really was quiet early on and had his chip stack as low as 1300 before he made a great hand vs my mom to almost double up.
I can't remember if it was just close to break or just after, but my demise came at the had of Yves.
I was holding Kd 10d, and I'm pretty sure I called a preflop raise from uncle Yves
flop was Ks 7d 5d
He was first to act and he raised pot. I re-raised here to all-in. Without hesitation Yves called and shows 7h 7s.
I had top pair and 2nd nut flush draw and he had trips.
I did not improve, and voila I was goner.

Mom bowed out not to soon after, and heads up was tante Lise looking for her first Club win.
Yves had other things to say about it. He took quick time and in three hands heads up. Before you knew it our quickest Club match was over at just over an hour of play time.

Congrats to Yves on winning the match. A big congrats also goes out to tante Lise on an early tournament that day on Stars that brought her a Pay Day for coming in first in a 3 dollar rebuy tourney.

I am reporting this with the time I have here at Emma's track practice on Monday Nights.

I do not have a set in stone Club match set for this week.

No comments: