Saturday, February 05, 2011

Club Match #3 has come and gone...


Congrats to uncle Yves on winning club match #3
Those in attendance were Yves, Mike, Ginette/Michel, Sonya, Guerts, and myself. Tante Lise could make it for this week's game.
First I would like to thank Gerry for joining. Gerry and I both share the same birthday, and I have known him now for a few years from our home poker club. Welcome to the club.

Action started faster than usual as it appeared everyone at some point early were getting cards. By the time the dust settled we lost our first player about 30 mins in, when Guerts got beat by Mike. I can't remember the exact cards, but Mike make a tough call, and I remember his chat reading something along the lines of "history".

Sonya/Jeff got down, to one point, 600 chips but made a valiant effort doubling up vs Mike when she/he had AA vs AQ. Mike looked like he was in cruise control until the 45min mark. He took 2 big hits and a once 4500 chip count was crippled back to 1500.

As usual uncle Yves keep a quiet profile and slowly built a rather nice chip stack when he ended up winning vs Sonya heads up . He made a st8 on the river, to win it all.

My apologies regarding the payout scheme. It should have been a winner takes all for 9 or less players and i'm not sure why it defaulted to a top three payout.

I have scheduled Feb 13, 2011 @ 7:05PM as Club Match #4. I am having a knockout bounty for this match. Cost will be $10 + $2.50 + $1.00 = $13.50. The $2.50 will but what you can win for each person you knock out. I thought this would be cool.

The word is out and slowly we are getting people top come out of the wood works. I have cousin Yvon (Pat), Mills, and Jeff looking to join soon.

OTA reception for Friday Feb. 4, 2011 and today Saturday Feb. 5, 2011 has been nice
I have been able to pull in Eries 24-1 WJET ABC, 54-1 WQLN PBS, and 66-1 WFXP FOX.
nice to see some more free OTA HD.

No comments: