Saturday, June 03, 2006

Friday Night, Heads Up...


Well, last night Mike and I played some heads up NL Hold em. Starting stakes were 7000 blinds every 15 mins. Second hand in Mike holds pocket Aces they crack to my set of Queens, two of which were from the board. We go back and forth with the stacks, when with about 3k I move all-in with Ace King.Mike calls and shows 99, oh boy I think...Flop is all rags, Turn another rag, I'm drawing to an Ace or King now. Wouldn' t you know it, I hit my King on the River.
I squeak out and win Heads Up match one, later, deep in the blind stucture.
Match two was a much looser stlye of a game and Mike won this one. In the final hand I have 36 o and flop two pair. I raise 300 and Mike calls. Turn was an Ace. Scarry since the st8 was shaping up but with that in mind I just checked letting Mike catch up. River is a 7, I figure if has has a 4, well good for him. Im all-in Mike shows his 4,and we talk about how we I could have played that better.All in all pretty good experience points an account Mike and I have really played Heads Up against each other before.
Now I don't want to give up all my tricks now.....

No comments: